When prospective tenants visit your public site (YOURDOMAIN.trustedhomerentals.ca) they have the opportunity to download a PDF application form or to apply using an online form.
Unfortunately at this time the online form cannot be changed or modified.
However, the downloadable generic Rental_Application.pdf form can be replaced with your own customized form as follows:
- Once you have logged in, navigate to Manage -> Forms & Templates
- Click on the blue Upload File button
- Make sure you enter Rental_Application.pdf as the File Name. You may enter any description you like.
- Choose and upload your custom form which MUST be a PDF.
- Your new form will now be available to the pulic.
You can download a simple basic application form by going to the PRE-MADE FORMS section on Manage -> Forms & Templates. You can then adapt this to your own needs, and upload it on the same page.
Since the public can now access their own Credit Report for free from https://www.consumer.equifax.ca/personal/products/credit-score-report/ you may want to include a link to that on your application form. In that way you don’t need to ask them for their permission to get the report and nor will it affect their score in any way.
To revert back to the default generic form, simply delete the form you just uploaded by going back to the Forms & Templates page, clicking on the link to your form, and then deleting it.